Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To split or not to split...?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Phoned to all snowboard/ski/mountain equipment in my city to find a split for my husband (splits are not yet very popular here ). But was successful in the next city; there's a shop specialized on splits who even offers to reimburse the rental if one desires to buy a board later (very likely in my case, I really got obsessed by deep snow )

They have a Hovercraft 156 for me and a Solution 164W for him, both with Spark. I'm a bit disapointed that there's no Solution suitable for me, but they said that they will increase the number of test splits for next year. (Wrath: I tried, but a billy-goat is nowhere to find)

Cause of the continuous cold weather we have about 20-40cm powder up at 2400m, low avy danger and blue sky is announced for the rest of the week

One last question: For the ascent I wear fleece gloves but for riding I wear mittens (womans constant companion: forever cold hands). Is there a disadvantage to wear mittens if you have to handle a split? Should I rather take gloves?
I say 2 or 3 pairs of gloves/mitts....lighter for skinning up, warmer for ride down and an extra pair for dry/warmth or to get your hands warmed fast after the transition to/from split mode.