Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New to snowboarding...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiijiNx View Post
I just won a burton dominant slick 54 board but I have never boarded...I am a skier but wanna try snowboarding. I am 6'1 215 lbs...can I use this board? Or, should i get something different to learn on?
The Dominant is pretty much strictly for the park and the Slick is specifically designed for rails (i.e. edges between the bindings are pretty much non-existant). I'm not sure it would be the best board to learn on unless all you want to do is the park. Also, at 215 lbs, that board is WAY to small and will feel like a wet noodle attached to your feet. Again, not ideal to learn on.

It may make it easy at first since the board will be very forgiving of beginner mistakes, but you may pick up a lot of bad habbits that you'll have to overcome if you ever get different board that fits you better

Congrats on winning the board...pretty nice! But you may want to see if you can sell it and learn on a board that works for you much better.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote