Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #107 (permalink)
Mel M

Default Re: REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyroo View Post
Thanks for the review! I think you are right on the cusp of the ability level to truly appreciate this board for what it is. I'm glad you were able to spend your first year on an SL to learn on and 'graduated' to the Raptor in your own due time. Not to say the SL isn't capable... it is just a more forgiving freestyle board great for any rider level. The Raptor rewards experience and technique for hard-charging riders. I'm not sure this is the place to admit your masochism, though... might scare a few people away juuuuuussssst playin.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm sure I'm nowhere near the ability level to use this board to its full potential, let alone the SL, but I definitely look forward to progressing on it.

I think as snowboarders, we're all masochists to some degree otherwise we'd be, well... skiers. Haha, just kiddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyroo View Post
On another note - some great points were made about the dampness. I felt the same way. I loved the stability and comfort the dampness provided. With SnoWolf saying the dampness and stiffness is going to be increased to a 9... I'm VERY curious to see how that affects the ride.
I'm sure I wouldn't mind more dampness, but being as my weight fluctuates between 145-150, I'm not sure I'd want it to be much stiffer. But hey, when I get a lot better who knows. By then I'll trade in to the newer, stiffer, models. :-)
Mel M is offline   Reply With Quote