Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - McCain Concedes!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
gibbous

It's a shame, but I think McCain's concession speech was one of the few rare times during this election when we saw the real John instead of the GOP puppet that he has more recently become before the public. I have tremendous respect for the service he's given the country over his lifetime, and I don't think that the campaign the Republicans ran did his character justice. All they really had was to appeal to people on the most basic emotional levels of fear and uncertainty, which leads to the boos when people who bought in on the worst of the propaganda just can't understand how someone so horrible could actually win the election, and by such a margin.

This was a historic day for our country, but I have to admit that I'm very selfishly hoping that I'll never have to see Sarah Palin running for another public office, and even more so that the fictional character "Joe the Plumber" is never mentioned on national TV again.