Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Free Snowboarding Game

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Jigzz 
G
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
So I decided to try out this game. Open beta. I guess they plan to rip people off in the future.

Went to their website. It was slow. Sign-up was painless. Downloaded the installer. Fast.

Tried to open the installer. Must be run in Administrator mode (a clue to the cluelessness of the programmers). Open it again as Administrator. It installs a launcher, then starts up the setup.msi installation file. Refuses to install to D: partition because C: doesn't have enough space. Clear that up. Install goes fine the rest of the way.

Go to run the game. Launcher must update itself. Launcher refuses to update unless run as Administrator (despite install folder being fully accessible to non-administrators). Open it again as administrator. Launcher updates itself. X-Trap anti-cheat crapware loads (also must be run as Administrator). Game starts to load, then exits. X-Trap doesn't like my video card using it's auto-overclock feature. I manually set the clocks and launch the game again.

Video Card: ATi Radeon x1950pro

Menu is laggy. A sign of things to come. Auto-settings runs itself, chooses the highest detail settings. I change them back to low. Game runs terribly. I change them back to high. Game runs terribly.

Looks and plays exactly like every other skate/snowboarding game you've ever played on shockwave.com and such.

Game crashes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.