Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2012/2013 setup pics!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #737 (permalink)
Gdog42

Here's mine.

Board: K2 Raygun
Bindings: Customized Union DLX
Boobs: ThirtyTwo Prion
Jacket: 686 Havoc

Cool story for the customized bindings. I wanted to improve them without damaging the warranty so here's what I did...

I have a pair of Union 2011/2012 DLX and 2012/2013 Force bindings. Personally I like the DLX baseplate, highback, and ratchets better but I prefer the Force straps.
The only thing I didn't like about the DLX baseplate was that dirt kept getting to the screws last season and was difficult to clean out. So this season I removed them, cleaned everything, and made my own EVA foam disk covers with removable screw-access slots. I used a couple of self-adhesive EVA stomp pads and used the union disks as templates. I won't go into detail but I can if anyone wants to know how to make their own.

Added a little personalization.

This is the back binding. I put the DLX toe ratchet on because it releases a lot easier than the Force toe ratchet, which I kept on the front binding. On the back binding I also used the longer toe ladder from the Force so I can keep the ratchet on it when unstrapped, which makes strapping in again much faster. I kept the shorter DLX toe ladder on the front binding.

Damn right, I got a pimped out ride!

Last edited by Gdog42; 02-25-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote