Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Boots, Problems?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
FoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
I just bought myself a delicious pair of Burton Hail's. I tried them on in the store and they felt amazing on my feet. When I got home I wore them around and they felt just as good, if not better than in the store. I decided to strap on my board and mess around a little. I was popping ollies for a while when all of a sudden my feet REALLY started to hurt. It was like a cramp from about the ball of my foot up. It also ran down the outside of both my feet. When I take my boots off for say 30 minutes and put them back on it feels fine. They feel amazing when I walk around but as soon as I start to mess around on my board for more than 10 minutes, my feet start to hurt like hell.

So my questions are: 1) Should I return the boot? Even though it feels comfortable when I walk around?
2)If I should return the boot, do most ski stores accept boot returns if you've never used them on the mountain?
3)Should I ride the boot for a couple of days and see how it feels on the mountain? And risk having to keep them if they don't feel good?

I would like to mention again that walking around, they are SUPER comfortable. I almost want to wear them to school. I really just want to know what I should do because these aren't exactly cheap.

Thx so much
K, so i think you should return them. boots are made for snowboarding, not walking. if you feel pain in your foot just from being strapped in and doing some ollies, thats a problem.. i say return the boots, buy a new pair, but this time, take your bindings with you. try on the boots with your bindings. see if they fit or not, find any pressure points, and walk around in the boots for like 10 minutes to find any pressure points again. The hails are nice looking boots, but imo, boots arent for looks but for comfort. you'll perform better with boots that fit your feet than boots that look good on your feet.
FoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote