Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pain in back of knee..
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Soggysnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
Hey so I realize you're not doctors and all, but i don't have the time for a doctor anyway - have any of you guys experienced pain and tightness in the back of your knee? I ride regular and the back of my right knee has been getting pains on and off in the back as if it is stretching or has a tightness to it. i ride at 12,-9 and am wondering if maybe ducking out my stance might help some. ive read about baker's cysts and i really cant tell if thats what im dealing with or not. im worried about (knock on wood) really injuring my knee if i keep riding like this, but at the same time, i dont want to stop.

i bought a knee brace today to help stabilize it from side to side as i think ive been loading up alot on my back knee and putting pressure on the inside of it. i honestly dont know if its helping or hurting.

Do you ride goofy? I have the same issue especially when riding some of the long cat tracks on the mountain. It is part of a bigger issue.
I am sure if you saw a physio you may find you have IT band, hamstring or patella tracking issues caused by one or a few other muscles. You should at least go check it out with a professional. They can give you some relief and set some exercises to help prevent it.
Soggysnow is offline   Reply With Quote