Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nozawa onsen 23rd~27th January 2013
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

It was the place to be.

Just to update on our avalanche at Nozzie it was apparently caused by some Aussies who were riding beneath the hikage gondola.

That is out of bounds and very dodgy, there are also some nasty holes in that area. They broke a leg but were OK. It could have been far worse.

Everyone please be careful and if you do stray under ropes (which I don't advise) know the snow conditions and exactly where you are heading.

I also talked to staff again and I am trying to get them to put up avalanche warnings outside the gondolas and maybe put a warning inside each Gondola next to the adverts with something like the number of avalanches so far this year and people injured in them or lost out of bounds.

They need to do more to deter the people who know nothing, see tracks and blindly follow.

They are worried that they will be endorsing ducking ropes by putting up avalanche info.

Trying to get them to see if they don't its just a matter of time before we have a fatality.

Making changes is not proving to be easy.

Anyway the snow was amazing and I had a blast.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote