Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - haha you silly skier :3
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #61 (permalink)
onefutui2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmccright View Post
Stiff armed this 6 year old kid skier the other day cause he was coming into home plate at my legs. Was kinda funny cause he bounced back about two feet.
sorry, but in this case, you're kind a douchebag. kids, in my opinion, should generally have right of way especially if they're as young as 6. if i'm bombing down a run and a kid is getting in my way i'd rather speed check or wipe out (safely) than crash into him/her, then giving a lecture about etiquette and taking on too difficult of a trail. of course, it's also on the parents to form what i like to call a "bubble" around their kid so people know to give a wide berth. so yeah, lacking any context aside from the information you gave, i'm going to say you're kind of a dick here, especially if you pushed him hard enough to send him flying.

re: skiers vs. snowboarders, as someone who does both, i've been on the receiving and giving end of all kinds of douchebaggery. it's something that'll never be fully resolved. i just hate it when a crash inadvertently happens and someone says, "FUCKING SKIER" or "FUCKING SNOWBOARDERS, I SWEAR!" as if me being on a either one facilitated the accident, and if i had JUST made the sensible decision to take up the other sport it wouldn't have happened.
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote