Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Review: Kessler The Ride 158cm
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Bringing your thread back here for a second... I was just looking at Kesslers again to comment on another thread, and I saw that the sidecut radius of the KTR 163 was 10+ meters! Do you have any idea what the sidecut radius is like on the 158? the website says variable from 7-10 meters which doesn't really help me.

I'd like to see the board flat on a table beside a Burton/NS or other board, and just see if it has a longer radius. I honestly think that's one of the biggest things that make my Virus feel so excellent. The longer radius means you have to lean it over more to get the same turn out of it, and with it leaned more it's ready to bite instead of slide.

Have you been back on the KTR lately?!? I think the best way to get used to a board like that is a groomer day at Nakiska. I've been flip flopping lately between the Virus and a Burton Custom camber, and it's really weird to feel the difference. It's noticeable immediately when going to do a heelside carve for me.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote