Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Review: Kessler The Ride 158cm
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouscat View Post
That's a typo dude. The dealer book says 8-11m for the 163cm. I can take a picture tonight if you want. I thought the idea was that it is a progressive sidecut, so advanced riders can manipulate the board thru turns without relying solely on flexing the board.

I been riding Raptor as main board now as I have come to grips with all its tendencies. (If I recall it took like 7-10 days before I was fully comfortable with the way it acts.) I think it will take at least another 3-5 days on the Ride before I can figure everything out.
Yeah I thought it was weird that all other sizes spec'd a range, and the 163 specifically said 10.3m or so! I'd love to see a pic side by side to see if the average sidecut looks longer than a same length Burton. Even the Custom X 160 only has a 8.0 sidecut, most of the other boards are in the 7s.

I'm sure smaller sidecuts are good for learning and for giving the board a "skatey" feel for the park, but the longer sidecut is great for laying it out! Race boards have sidecuts in the 15m range I think...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote