Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Front flips before perfecting 360s?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
jdmccright

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
The last couple of years i have been putting a much bigger effort into snowboarding, and i am seeing progression in some of my tricks. Can pretty much do 360s on 10 footer jumps, but watching a video of the jump is embarrassing (arms everywhere, not tucking knees, no prewinding).

So i started watching tutorials on youtube, and of course one vid led to another and suddenly i am watching front flip (tamedog?) tutorials and thinking "i want to try that!" (seems much less dangerous than backflips, and at 34 i dont want to risk my mobility over a trick).

Is it too early for me to be looking at that stuff? Or should i just keep working on 360s until i get them looking clean? Biggest Jump i have cleared is 20ft (straight air) and to be honest i dont think i would want to go much more than that (was scary as hell as-is). Small front flips over little kickers look awesome and seem to be little risk for the reward.

Also, i remember seeing a couple of borders doing front rolls where they just tip over the front of their board, roll over as if they had fallen, yet get back up on it - would that be a precursor of a front flip?

Never done one myself but most people recommended learning them on deep pow days because you will land on you head when learning. Also the risk of breaking your board as well.
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote