Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Foot Pain
Thread: Foot Pain
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Default Isn't a bit of foot pain just normal...?

My impression is that foot pain arises mainly from continuously thight inner boots, assuming you have boots that fit and enough feet muscles (I have strong feet from horse xc riding all year but had big issues with feet pain). The icyer the track, and the higher the speed, the tighter I fasten the boot to get immediate response. But the tighter one fastens the boots, the sooner the feet lack blood flow and begin to get numb/cramp.

The important thing for me was to find a boot where you can adjust the inner AND outer boot easily/constantly to get the (for me) optimal adjustment for each individual run: relaxed for the pow part, concrete for the icy section, etc. I reduced foot pain/cramps to a very endurable level with the new setup (Ride Fame Bindings (very responsive), K2 Contour boot with the phenomenal inner/outer layer double BOA), and very comfortable supporting soles that fit my feet perfectly.
I now can fasten boot/bindings as hard as possible at the top of a run and after such a "concrete feet" run I can release both outer AND inner layer of the boot and the feet get the chance to relax. That they hurt a bit during the end of such a run, I accept as the toll I have to pay for the response I want to have
neni is offline   Reply With Quote