Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#3,181 ·
Go see wiredsports boot fitting thread, he's the man with the touch.

Sent from my VK410 using Tapatalk

#3,182 ·
Hey all,
Dan from Flatland Minnesota here. Grew up skating and boarding back when there was a resort 'whitelist' - and then a 'blacklist'. Whitefish, MT is my second home of sorts. I pretty much just ride hard and fast now. Trips to the real mountains comprise most of my riding. I usually spend half my day hiking for better snow if there hasn't been a good dump in a few days. I respect the riders killin it in the park but pushing 40 now and had too many injuries there, so it's Steep and Deep for me now :grin:
Cheers!

#3,184 ·
Hi all,

another old man starting out at 42yrs...ouch I'm hurting right now. Actually I did well this past week, took a few lessons at Sunday River and even hit some blues. I've been wakeboarding for 4 years and I've been thinking about snowboarding for a while now and finally decided to give it a try specially now that my son is almost 5.

I live in Lexington, MA but spend most weekends in Maine. I hope snowboarding and wakeboarding will complement each other and help me improve on both sports.

Alex

#3,185 ·
Welcome. My wife grew up in Newry so we ride Sunday River quite a bit. Hopefully you were out on Friday so the falling didn't hurt quite as much! Wear some padding - look into impact shorts or Azzpadz or something to help for the first few days at least. I'm your age as well and I definitely end up more sore at the end of the day than I did years ago.

#3,189 ·
Hey Everyone!

I'm 28 years old, from Australia! I created a new thread but figured I'd introduce myself here too.

I went snowboarding for the first time in August 2015, and have been in love with it ever since! That being said, Australian snow is so terrible it's pretty much 90% ice...Fortunately I've been able to get over to Queenstown NZ and more recently Whistler for some serious powder experiences.

Look forward to getting to know you guys/girls!

Cheers.

#3,191 ·
:CaptinMangos:

Hey all,

36 yr. old from the south east here. Started skating around the time Animal Chin came out and fell in love with skating from that moment on. It wasn't long until I saw an article in a Thrasher magazine about snowboarding, must of been around 91/92, decided I had to try this. Strapped in for the first time when I was in the fourth grade. No kids boards ( or boots) back then so I rented the smallest board I could find which was a 150 full camber Kemper Intruder. I must of had a full month of Mallets! Everyday after school I would head to the small resort in my back yard and sacrifice my self to the snowboard gods until one day they allowed me the gift of linking turns, locking in an edge, and railing carves. I have since competed, worked, and loved every bit of the boarding life.

Cheers!

#3,201 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is Supreme Poseidon. We are a snowboarding brand and we have been snowboarders for over a decade :)
:welcome:

The snorkelling mask looks good.

Socks and gloves don't make you a snowboarding brand.

Please don't turn into one of those "lifestyle brand" companies that sticks some random logo on gear and then tries to market it as snowboarding related.

#3,204 ·
Hi all

I'm 32 years old. Based in Switzerland. I did not board much over the last 5 years, before that I rode 6 years Hard boots and before that 4+ years Soft boots. I started to board a bit again last year. This year I will get 6-10 Snowdays, because of Work and school responsibilities. I hope to get more into it next season after things will calm down again. I'm back on Softboots, still interested in Carving but also looking forward to getting back into a bit of Freeriding.

#3,205 ·
Wow, hey mer da mau einisch en angere schwizer, oder bisch nume wegem bügu z basu?

Welcome! In which region do you ride? Yep, Basel isn't exactly located in the center of mtns and, you don't miss much in this lousy winter. But when we'll get hit in March? Basel is pretty close to the Berner Oberland by train and you can learn on the way :)

#3,206 ·
New member here...from SoCal...51 years young...taking my first snowboard lesson on Thursday at Adventure Ski School's "magic carpet" to get some early heel/toe practice before I hit the snow in late Feb.

Skateboarder, surfer, and skier until I discovered mountain biking. (no lift tix there, just land access issues and no trespassing signs...)

Already been lurking for as much information as possible on leveling my expectations...and packing a pocket full of Advil for the first week of learning curve black n' blues.

What are the educated opinions on wrist guards for noobs to this sport?

Thanks in advance for the advice... :computer1:

#3,207 ·
What are the educated opinions on wrist guards for noobs to this sport?
I usually don't wear them, but when I take out the freestyle board on which I'm prone to fall, I wear gloves with integrated wrist guards.
Better to have a broken underarm than a broken wrist...

Even better: don't fall on your hands. Concentrate on balling your fingers to fists when a fall comes, keep arms close to the body and absorb with the underarms instead of outstretched arms.

Good luck and have fun :)

Reactions: Deacon and Ghost65
#3,217 ·
It's not much different than longboarding.

If you can ride a longboard and understand that you have to lean to turn.

Snowboarding is easy, it just takes time.

TT