Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do you measure a boots stiffness?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
DrEwTiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzo
So I have bought a pair of speed lace boots, with 540 heel support. They got an air bubble for impact dampening with a heat moldable inner lining, and have a flex rating of 7/10.

I notice the build differences in the 2 boots, but my main concern is will these boots eventually soften up on me too? The noob boots lasted me 2 seasons, what can I expect out of these? (northwave legends) should I have gotten a 10/10 flex rated boot?
I am not familiar with that brand but typically you don't want to go to a 10 If your not sure that's what you want. A 7 is a food place to start, from there you will have a good gage as to what stuff will feel like. But If you want to keep a boot that will do both park and trails good then don't go too far over a 7 or under a 5 or you will notice its limitations in their respective opposite set of conditions.

Break in is all about the boot. Some last longer then others. You get what you pay for in most cases with boots.
DrEwTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote