Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Union Factory
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

Oh stop, don't be all Canadian and whiny.

In MY experience Union makes a product that is not worth anywhere near it's retail cost. Any shop that I've gone into ( and yes, I buy local and actually talk to other riders) agrees that Unions are poorly designed and that they are outperformed by many other companies who aren't binding specific - including Salomon, Rome, Burton and more. So yea, I'm an asshole, there's my opinion.. When you buy bindings from a binding specific company ( THAT IS THE ENTIRETY OF WHAT THEY MAKE) then your first purchase after shouldn't be replacement toe caps or straps. I'm not a great rider and after 10 days on the hill, Union should have been embarassed by the way my bindings looked and worked. You'd think I was hitting 100 ft rails and dragging my bindings on them. You'd also think I was going for over the toe with my strap. I wasn't. If you don't like my opinion then SMD, this is what a forum is for.

I support companies who make quality products, listen to their customers and use that feedback to improve and who strive to outdo the others in their market. For me to see he same floppy, shapeless, flat toe poop attached to those bindings just makes me shake my head and be glad I trashed my forces

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote