Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Union Factory
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #52 (permalink)
UNION INHOUSE
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I can definitely respect a response like that. No ripping or anything. Good shit.

What is the stiffness on the Factories? My knees have become an issue this year as well. Wondering how damp the base is (anything similar to K2 Harshmellow)

Hey,

I can't tell you how they ride compared to Harshmellows, because I haven't ridden a k2 binding in years.

Our board designer here has the worst knees. He's getting knee replacements in a month or so. He's been riding the Factory and loves it, mostly because of the canting.

Stiffness: The highback is pretty damn stiff, but the base has some flex. It's somewhere between Charger base, and Atlas base. Those are pigment free, or 'raw' injection. This makes it a bit more stiff. It seems to be our most wanted binding right now with the group of people we flow stuff to. I think it's because the Factory is an upgraded version of the team bindings we've been making for the past 2 seasons.

Dampening: Yes. Again, I haven't ridden K2's, but I would guess they would have similar dampening.

I hope that helped. I'm in a rush right now, sorry for any type-ohs.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote