Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Cartel's! Can't be Centered?!!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Now that CAN'T be right can it? My 2010/11 Cartels are a tiny bit heel heavy when centerd using the same (relative) bolt holes. This is an unridable situation for this board! It's already a bit hard to initiate toeside turns with it being a wide board as is. But with NO toe side Leverage??? this sucks, and I don't know why the Cartel's I demo'd didn't feel this bad on this board!!

I noticed how different, bad/squirelly this setup felt the very first time I rode it, but I thought I just had to dial in my hi-backs & angles! This set up isn't ridable as it is!
Your toe ramps are a touch too far out. You want them to follow the curve of the boot, so your toes will actually stick out further than the ramp.

You know, I really think you're overthinking it. The board is not unrideable! Difficulty in initiating toeside turns is from bad technique. Don't blame the equipment. I've had my bindings like that before on some boards and never noticed it.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote