Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

help!!! favorite brands?

6K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  palkovic 
G
#1 ·
hey fellow riders!
i'm doing a research paper on my favorite topic, snowboarding, and i need your help. this is a quick survey. thanks in advance!

1.what is your favorite brand of: ?
a. boards
b. bindings
c. clothes

2. how did you learn about those brands?

#9 · (Edited)
Boards: Mervin (make a split please!)
Bindings: Undecided between Bent Metal and Rome
Boots: Anything but 32, they get worse every year. This year it's Northwaves, next year I'll see what else is out there.
Clothing: Volcom

Asked around and forums like this. Took a chance on the Bent Metals, I like them. I bought Volcom cuz of Zip-Tech.

G
#11 ·
Lib Tech (Skate Banana)
Rome (Targa)
Under Armour

Hours upon hours of research online and bugging more experienced riders that I know or met on the mountain and places like here ^_^
Under Armour clothes because all of their stuff is top notch. I got hooked on them after I bought a couple shirts and then started trying some of their other gear. SUPER comfortable and much more subdued style if you're not into all the loud stuff out there.

G
#12 ·
1. CAPiTA (Stairmaster or Scaremaster)
2. Rome (390)
3. Burton (Goretex ftw)

lots of research online and in-store trying things on. most people say capita boards are cheap but perform well over their cost, and people seem to be crazy for rome bindings. burton's goretex clothes are amazingly warm and breathable, just as advertised. i'm guessing their waterproof abilities are topnotch too but i haven't gotten to try my pants and jacket on at the slopes yet.

G
#14 ·
A. Ride and Never Summer
B. Flux and Ride
C. Special Blend and Grenade

I see everything at my local shop and in snowboarding magazines

I have 2 setups: A Ride DH with Flux bindings and a Never Summer with Ride bindings.
As far as clothes, I rock out several outfits

#16 ·
For now...

Bataleon
Ride
Special Blend, Betty Rides

I got to try Bataleon boards for shred betties and really liked them - super fun to ride. Bindings? Also tried a bunch and I liked the flex and straps on Rides, but might try something else this year, just to mix it up. Outerwear... I have a lot of foursquare and special blend stuff because it's always super cheap on SAC and WM - it's all held up nicely and comes in fun colors. Betty Rides just has a fun style, and their pants make your ass look cuter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.