Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Kirkwood
Thread: Kirkwood
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
StaySaucy

I would consider Kirkwood my home mountain even though it's 2.5+ hours away and I will agree that Kirkwood has everything and anything that you're looking for. If you do get a chance to come back, Chair 6,4, and 10 are definitely where the advanced terrain is at but you have to be able to get there to get to it. The backside opens up to some pretty sick chutes but if you don't maintain your speed in them towards the bottom you'll end up walking back to chair 2 and either heading back to 6 or going back to 4 to hit more of the backside.

If you're looking for trees, Kirkwood has trees galore. I can't say enough about how amazing Kirkwood is, so I'd definitely recommend going here if you plan a trip to Tahoe. Kirkwood is meant to be explored and that's what I love about it.

My personal favorite runs here are taking chair 6 and going left to some of those chutes (Sister, Mt. Shaffer). Hitting Eagle Bowl is great too when there's some new snow there. The Wall can be sketchy at times when there hasn't been any snow for a while so just keep that in mind.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't ever take pictures. I'll have to start taking some and share them with all you brojets.
StaySaucy is offline   Reply With Quote