Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Cartel's! Can't be Centered?!!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #35 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Originally Posted by dubstatic View Post
even with your old cartels to me it looks like your heel still sticks further. I have the dame issue with my large burtons too. There almost centered but my heel sticks out like 1/4 more but I cant tell when riding.
Yeah, it does. I have maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch more heel over than toe! This hasn't been too big an issue! Although, until I got good at riding the thing,.. Probably explains why when I was learning, my "Go Too" side was always my Heelside!! Going toe side seemed a little sketchy early in my riding! (I've since adapted!)

I ordered the Med. Cartels from REI. ( store's sold out!) Unfortunately, they will not get here before I leave for Boyne Highlands next week. I even if they do fix the centering issue, I still want to spend some time riding them to make sure a Med. binding like that is going to work on my wide board! I'm still worried that there won't be enough leverage for my turns to feel dialed in! I can ride that board pretty well with my Old Cartels! We're running out of ride time here in MI for me to make sure they'll work!!

(BTW,.. I tried putting them on my NS Proto, and they wouldn't center the boot on that reg width board either!)

I have a PM in to Burton Bindings to aks about those large straps for the Med. bindings. Haven't heard back yet! Thanks for the replies guys!
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15 (00)
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote