Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Cartel's! Can't be Centered?!!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #35 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubstatic View Post
even with your old cartels to me it looks like your heel still sticks further. I have the dame issue with my large burtons too. There almost centered but my heel sticks out like 1/4 more but I cant tell when riding.
Yeah, it does. I have maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch more heel over than toe! This hasn't been too big an issue! Although, until I got good at riding the thing,.. Probably explains why when I was learning, my "Go Too" side was always my Heelside!! Going toe side seemed a little sketchy early in my riding! (I've since adapted!)

I ordered the Med. Cartels from REI. (...in store's sold out!) Unfortunately, they will not get here before I leave for Boyne Highlands next week. I even if they do fix the centering issue, I still want to spend some time riding them to make sure a Med. binding like that is going to work on my wide board! I'm still worried that there won't be enough leverage for my turns to feel dialed in! I can ride that board pretty well with my Old Cartels! We're running out of ride time here in MI for me to make sure they'll work!!

(BTW,.. I tried putting them on my NS Proto, and they wouldn't center the boot on that reg width board either!)

I have a PM in to Burton Bindings to aks about those large straps for the Med. bindings. Haven't heard back yet! Thanks for the replies guys!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote