Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Lib Tech TRS 159 or 162?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  24WERD 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, have been searching around and reading quite a bit on this site and finally have a question of my own.

I am about to buy my first board and have been riding quite a bit using a friends board with my own boots and bindings.

I'm stuck deciding between a TRS 159 or 162. My stats are 6'3 180 pounds and wear a size 9.5 boot (I know small foot for my height). I ride west coast snow if that makes any difference and like to ride through groomers, through trees, and hit jumps. I haven't really been doing any rails and not sure if ill get into them, but buttering does look fun and would like to try that if the board is capable of it.

I'm a bit worried about stiffness also. Will a 162 be too wide for my boot, or be too stiff compared to a 159 as lib rates the stiffness of the 162 as a 7 and 159 as 6. Or is it the opposite in my case, and the 159 is too small for me (I know I am fairly tall but the length of the board is dependent on weight not height correct?)

Any help or input from TRS owners is much appreciated.

EDIT- Almost forgot the time to buy a TRS is now correct? Or will they drop in price even further in the coming months?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.