Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canting and Binding Performance Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cyfer

Default Canting and Binding Performance Issues

I've recently picked up a set of bindings with the option to cant in an effort to save on my knees and legs. Since using them I've noticed a so issues with Heel Side turns. I've been using my Rome 390 Boss for about a month now and every time I use them it feels like I'm constantly tweaking them in an effort to fix the heel side turn issues. Honestly I've given these bindings a fair shot, but always it feels like my heel side turns are going to wash out any minute. In coming from being a dedicated Union user mostly the Force and Contact. Here is the issues I'm having with the heel side;

1) on heel side turns it feels like the sole length is off like the binding is going to wash out in steeps.

2) on normal turns the heel side turns feel loose and sketchy, like I'm on ice all the time.

3) on icy patches there is zero grip, the board slides too easily. I use Lib-Tech boards and the only thing that saves most turns is the Magne-Traction edges. Now most people will say don't turn on ice but when you're used to Lib-Tech edges over the years that's tough to ask.

4) slip sliding in steeps is almost too scary to do properly. Feels like the board is going to pitch forward onto the toe side any second.

I've been snowboarding for 12+ years and ride pretty aggressively but it feels like these bindings are making me step backwards. I don't give up on gear too easily but I'm at the end of my rope. I've tried these on both my boards, my TRS and most recently my Skate Banana. Both with similar results, I'm about to give up and just sell them off because whenever I use them my day isn't as good. I've used both the 2.0 and 3.5 canting, I'm using more forward lean than I've ever had, tried the straps in multiple locations. Adjusted both stance width and angles but nothing helps. The boots are dead center in the bindings and still ride like they're not. Can it be the canted foot beds that are causing this issue? It's the only idea I have left. Anyone else having similar issues or using Rome bindings here that can give any suggestions.

Last edited by Cyfer; 03-03-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Cyfer is offline   Reply With Quote