Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Waxing with bindings

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  skycdo 
#1 ·
This goes to show that no matter if you take your bindings off during waxing a and even off during the summer, the dimples from the screws will still show up eventually. Now this may just be my board but I always take the binders of when I wax and leave them off in the summer. Anyone else seen similar results? Blue Floor Turquoise Flooring Table

See less See more
#2 ·
since you can see pretty much each individual insert, it would imply that that dimples or rings you see are the wax cooling at different times due to the excess heat absorbed then emitted by the metal part of the inserts...you may have your iron too hot.

#5 ·
Never summer boards are high quiality materials. Most other high end boards wont do this either.

The screws for your bindings may bottom out in the inserts at the perfect time too. If the screws arent pulling too much on the inserts while the bindings are secure, the dimples won't appear either...

#7 ·
What's interesting is that if it was caused by tightening up the screws to my bindings, only four of the dimples should show up. Not every single one. Not saying it's a big deal as it does go away after scraping but I just wanted people to see that waxing with your binding on/off probably doesn't affect anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.