Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do you Do it? Season Long Bus Rides or Else?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
herjazz

i live in manhattan and i used to drive up, but after doing the math, i'm actually doing the opposite now: i leave my car and take the bus to the mountain.

it's cheaper for me if you calcuate the fuel cost, tolls, and the tiredness of doing a day trip (driving up, whole day at mountain, driving down). so starting this year i've been doing bus trips. OVRride is the place i go through-- good packages and options (bus only, bus+lift ticket, lessons, etc.).

buying a car involves other things i won't get into and costs that people don't think about: maintenance, insurance, parking, tickets, fuel, etc.

i even considered zipcar (i have a zipcar membership) but even with their "free" fuel, it's still cheaper to take a bus if going solo or with a partner. if you have a group of like 4-5-6 people, then maybe a car might make more ecomical sense if splitting fuel and toll costs...

that's my thought.

(P.S. how's hunter? haven't been there in years, but considering going up this weekend to test my new boards since it's so close (2.5hrs on bus)...)
herjazz is offline   Reply With Quote