Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do you Do it? Season Long Bus Rides or Else?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
onefutui2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
some mountains in VT allow you to use multiple mountains with their season pass, like with killington pass you can go to pico mountain too with stowe i think you can go to okemo too and some other, check their websites, these passes run around $1800 or more thou

remember I am getting a season pass so no lift ticket bus packages. Think about it if you do 10 trips a season, that's 85 x 10 = 850 (which is equals to the hunter season pass). and I do well above 10 trips.

right well my problem is basically, parking! and where I live people also scratch cars etc. I have had two cars and everytime I said this is the last time in this city, so thinking what to decide.

maintenance, insurance, fuel these all on my mind but how often you go? once or twice a month or quite frequently, because $50 to the mountains close to NYC but $65 to Vermont (bus only) if you go say 5-6 times a month, on the weekends, it will be something around $400-$500 on bus fare

and zipcar is a no-no, they are very expensive, free-fuel is stupid since you can do 180 a day so where is the benefit in that, it's only good if you need to drive somewhere for 2 hours and come back, a 4 hours ride
I always find cheap car rentals on kayak
most transportation have bus-only options, so there's that if you're going for a season pass. also, you can do a bus + ticket package, then scalp your ticket to someone else to lower your costs.

i live in brooklyn and i have my own garage so owning a car isn't as big of an issue for me; if you're in manhattan i can totally, absolutely understand.
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote