Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do you Do it? Season Long Bus Rides or Else?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
herjazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefutui2e View Post
your analysis makes sense from an economic POV
paying a premium to get around this also has value. question is, how much are these worth in dollar terms? everyone has a different threshold.
Yes, agree 100%
There are non-economic factors as well; different value to different people.

My personal example, I hate driving long distances and I get very tired at night and I have a vision problem where my eyes get lazy and I see double when very tired driving at night. So, I'd rather just crash on a bus and wake up at my destination. So that has a lot of non-monetary value for me, to not drive. Which is why when a bunch of friends go up, I never drive or bring my car; I just chill and sleep in the back seat and pay for gas/tolls and be done with it... LOL. )

Plus I don't keep my car in the city ($600/mo parking, no thank you!) and it's at my sister's house in Queens, so it's a whole song and dance to go get my car, which I drive maybe 2-3 times a month these days, if that. (FYI I'm a car guy - used to have 8 cars at one point in time when I lived in a house on Long Island, I can't get myself to be 100% car-free yet, lol, cos I need a car to race/track in during the summers, my non-winter hobby).
herjazz is offline   Reply With Quote