Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Kirkwood
Thread: Kirkwood
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
bcollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum626 View Post
Thanks for the review!

I'll be heading out there next week and hopefully catch a storm when I'm there.

Did you happen to do any tree riding? I'm looking to do some glades while out there as well.
Well looks like you picked a pretty good time to go. Not a huge storm but looks like some decent accumulation the last couple days with more to come.

I really didn't get to much time in the trees. The little I did I wasn't finding any untouched powder but that's probably because I was sticking primarily to the common areas and just trying to hit the trees off the runs while my wife and son stuck to the trails. I did have some fun in the fawn ridge area but even it was pretty tracked out. With that, there is plenty of glades to be had if you do some exploring as Saucy mentioned and if the snow keeps up you won't have to look far. Definitely try and hit the Sentinel and Palisades area as it doesn't get nearly the crowds due to the lift situation in that area.

While I did get there right after a small storm with some minor accumulation during the trip, I also went right after about a week of 40+ temp days so the snow was a little crusty in spots and pretty icy under neath the small amount of snow that accumulated up top. Hopefully you'll get a little better conditions. Anyway, have a blast and let us know how it went.
bcollins is offline   Reply With Quote