Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What does stance really do?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
herjazz

to answer the original question, stance makes your body feel flexible and comfortable enough to do what you want to do on your board. how wide or narrow, how angled your bindings are, these are all individual and different per person. so someone might give you a reference point to start with, but adjust a little here and there (one at a time) to find your own sweet spot. once you have it, set it and forget it is my logic.

when i first started, i played around a lot with the settings and found the right combo for my equipment and also my style.

i'm a bit dreading having to set everything up again from scratch as i've gotten new board and bindings now, and i know it's going to be different, but i will go by feel to fine tune what works on that particular board/binding/boot combo...

i've had the same set-up for the past 10 years lol, cos frankly, it's exactly what makes it most easy for me to control the board and flex the way i ride: 18" wide stance on slightly directional 153cm board, F +24, R +12 both angled forwards like a racing/carving setup. i'm mostly all about big carving and racing down the steep stuff. occasionally will do a few jumps or pipe. can't ride switch for more than 5 seconds lol

(oh, one thing i found out is that the burton EST system has a maximum allowable binding angle. incidentally +24 front +12 back is about their limit. haha. so anyone running like +40 or +60 or whatever you can't use their system... traditional disc bindings will let you mount them at +90 degrees if you wanted... just FYI)

Last edited by herjazz; 03-04-2013 at 10:20 PM.
herjazz is offline   Reply With Quote