Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Achilles Tear
Thread: Achilles Tear
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

That sucks man. ACLs get all the press, but an Achilles tear is a helluva lot worse. Elite athletes can often come back from an ACL in 6 months or so. It takes them a good 18 months to come back from an Achilles and many are never even close to the same. I remember when UNC basketball and football recruit Ronald Curry won the McDonald's All-American slam dunk competition in HS. The guy was an unbelievable athlete. #1 recruit in the nation for football and basketball. Michael Vick says to this day that Ronald Curry was better than he ever was. But, Curry tore his Achilles his freshman year and I never recall him dunking a basketball in a UNC jersey. Completely changed who he was as an athlete. He went on to have a decent NFL career as a WR, but tore his Achilles twice more before he retired.