Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #3391 (permalink)
Karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
yeah I actually plan on changing that segment with the three blocks. I put it in there for the draft just to experiment with it.

Lighting... yeah, not much ya can do about that

I actually used the chest strap mount, not the helmet mount. There are a few clips that were shot with the wide-angle 1080p setting, but most of the footage was shot using the 960p tall setting. Wish I would've used that setting exclusively, because the footage turned out so much better. I had to scrap a bunch of the wide-angle stuff just because it didn't look interesting enough. Otherwise, the angle was a little bit off, on account of being chest-mounted. I think I can fix that if I use a swivel/extension arm on the mount, but I had left those at the condo that day. All-in-all, turned out OK I think.
Nice, looks like pretty sweet conditions. I have a bunch of video, but I need a new laptop to edit it. My old ass one can't handle HD stuff. I filmed mainly with a helmet mount but used a pole for a couple and using a pole mount is wayyy better, but kind of a pain.

Anyone have plans to hit Caberfae/Crystal before the season is over?
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote