Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #3407 (permalink)
turbospartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Saturday I was on the front side. Took a few laps in the morning then caught the Men's pipe finals then took a few more laps in the afternoon. My legs were pretty dead. Wish I would've headed back over to China/Mongolia, but TBH I am not sure my legs would've held up. My last few runs were shit, just didn't have the muscle left to power through stuff like I normally would.

Yea man, its a whole different world out here. Especially if you got about 16k vertical in on Friday... Not only that, but the altitude and less oxygen weren't helping you recover as quickly either.

We did 19.2k on Saturday, leaving the mountain before 3pm. Wasn't nearly as packed as I thought it was going to be. It was HOT though. I only had my shell + under armor and I was soaked. Sun was just destroying any south facing slopes after about 11am. We did an afternoon Dragon's teeth and it was a night and day difference from the deep, soft powder in the morning to the heavy, corn potato crud in the afternoon. Trees still had good snow though, in the shade.

Glad you had a good time though.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote