Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on 2nd board, used or less expensive possibly.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fergatron2000

Personally speaking, my riding in steeps, bumps and trees improved after switching from camber to Gnu C2BTX. Everyone is different, but to me it was night and day as far as confidence goes.

I weigh the same as you at 5'11" with size 8-7.5 feet. And after over 20 years of snowboarding I have come to the conclusion that a stiff flexing board is overkill for my specs and riding style, espcially with an all camber profile. I'm a 10% park guy 90% all mountain so it's not just riding style. I truly think a mid-flexing board is all I need to charge as hard as I want through anything I want.

I ride a Gnu Riders Choice which is about a 5 in flex vs the BG which I think is a 7(?). Demo some stuff and see what you think, but I think you'd be happy with a variety of the Mervin C2BTX boards: Riders Choice, TRS, Travis Rice, BG. Pay attention to flex rating and length so you get something that is different enough from your exisiting board. With smaller feet width can be a concern too. That's why I like the Riders Choice. It has a narrow waist width with the asymm pickle tech at the heelside. Makes it quick edge to edge.

Good luck.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote