Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longboard or Freeboard?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
boarderaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash77 View Post
I dunno...$150 - $300
Oof. That is a hefty budget and will leave you lots of room to work with. Ideally, you'd want a symmetrical drop through type board, if you want to commute and work on switch riding. A few very reputable companies to consider are Landyacthz, Earthwing, Rayne (though they are on the higher end of the price spectrum), Nelson, Bomb Squad, Comet and Churchill.

Trucks wise, Paris, Randal, Gunmetal, Caliber, they all make good quality products. Though for the sake of simplicity, consider Paris's for your needs. Bearings wise, pick something inexpensive.

I prefer bearings with built in spacers, and the "best" choice for that are Zealous's. Tektons and Biltins also come with built in spacers, but they are on the more expensive side of things.

And then wheels. Look at something with a square lip, and probably something on the slightly bigger side of things, ~ 75 mm, give or take a little bit. Seismic makes fantastic wheels for what you want to do, but again, they are on the pricier side of things. I'm personally a big fan of of Retro Big Zigs in 80a (lime) or lemons (83a). Cannibals are also a good choice, as well as Landyachtz Monster Hawgz. I went with the 70mm version when I did the push race this summer, and they were awesome.

Also, check out Silverfish Longboarding - The Longboard Skateboard Community. It's a great website with A LOT of resources. Just remember to search before making a new thread.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote