Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavita EST vs Cartel EST vs Genisis EST
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Alright, I've been researching the 2013 Malavita Reflex vs 2013 Cartel Reflex for a few days now and am still confused about which is the better option for my new board. This is not because I haven't done my homework on them but moreso because everyone seems to disagree on the stiffness levels of them. There are even discrepancies between the Burton website and retailers and trusted review sites differ in their opinions it seems.

So I'm a big dude riding a 2013 NS Heritage 166x. Awesome fucking board. I don't have much for park aspiration at all so I want something in a binding that's fairly responsive. But I also want comfort. Right now I'm rocking 2009 Missions and they're alright and all but I'm ready for something else.

I'm mostly only interested in Burtons because I know they'll fit my size 15 boot. I bought some Flow NX2-RS's a couple weeks ago but had to send them back due to sizing issues. Since most other companies list their XL's and L/XL's only up to size 14, I'm reluctant to go that route (trying shit on locally really isn't an option for me, and I'm not going to buy new boots anytime soon either so please don't suggest that). Plus I know I like Burton bindings so this is where I'm at.

I'm shying away from the Genesis and Diodes only because I am concerned about the durability of the highbacks on those. Plus, I'm not sure if I really want something as stiff as the Diodes even though in all likelihood they're a good match for my board.

So, long story short I'm leaning toward the Malavita Reflexes right now based on Nivek's saying that they are actually more responsive than the Cartels. But Leo mentioned to me elsewhere that they are softer than the Cartels. So, which is which on this?

Sorry to ask a redundant question but I just haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Any input/suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote