Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #107 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
why do i feel like everybody is staring at me while i was practicing my switch last week?
That's normal. It's because you're used to being good when riding regular and don't think about people watching much.

If you wear and use high-end gear that's brightly colored, chances are that other people really are watching you. I have a neon lime green jacket and bindings, which has definitely made me the one of brightest guys on the hill where I've been so far. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it does get attention.
It really doesn't matter though, unless you're one of those rich skiers who buys all the top-of-the-line equipment and then attempts to go skiing for the first time! Those guys...

Personally, when I'm riding switch I'm crap and always feel like I'm being watched from the lift, and being dressed like a bright green Sharpie marker doesn't help!
If I get too worried about it, I just switch back to good ol' goofy and then anyone watching would have no choice but to realize oh, he was just learning switch!

Last edited by Gdog42; 03-05-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote