Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#661 · (Edited)
Of course they did, I had to work.

I'm not shocked though. It was fucking POUNDING up there from about 3pm yesterday until the lifts closed. Near zero visibility poundage. Just right along the divide though. Half a mile east on I-70 and not a flake. It wouldn't have had to snow like that too terribly long to rack up double digits.

#668 ·
Yesterday was brutal. I made the mistake of leaving the house 15 minutes later than normal on a weekend day. By 6:15 there was a lot of cars on the road. I was tapping my breaks the whole way up to Winter Park. By 10:15 in the morning all the lifts I see, except Eagle Wind, had huge lines and by 11:30 Mary Jane had become ridiculously crowded and it was time to leave. When we were leaving, there were cars parked all along the dirt road all the way to US 40. Lets hope today is a little better.

#676 ·
Saturday at Vail was pretty damn good, yet again. Maybe I'm more of an optimist than most, but I've had 5 good weekends in a row, with 3 of them being damn near great.

Saturday we hit Sun Up, Dragon's Teeth 2x, Chopstix 2x, Mongolia, and then to the trees of BSB. Multiple face shots all day long. Around noon it started getting really, really warm. I only had my shell plus an under armor on and I was drenched. Afternoon snow got all corn-tater so we did a few more runs and were off the mountain before 3. Great day jumping cliffs. Deep in some spots (thus, the multiple face shots all day).

Looks like everyone got some good snow again last night (Vail 5", Beav 6", Breck 9", and even Keystone 5").

#677 ·
I hit 7 lifts this morning. Super wet snow.... 6" is accurate. I'm not sure how it's stills dumping snow, it's 40 degrees on my thermometer..... Kinda weird. It's packed still too, just glad I know the lifts and go through ski/ride school lines.... The snow is really slow too, was straight lining a black run and it felt like a mild blue speed..... Face shots felt like getting pummeled with massive snowballs. I only left because the school lines got crowded too.

#681 ·
Potential BIG storm rolling in this weekend. Too early to sport wood, but I got some chub going on.

Joel has used the words "many feet" to describe what could go down. It's gonna be an upsloper, so Eldora will be the likely big winner along the Front Range, but Loveland, A-Basin, and Winter Park should get some pretty eye opening totals if this thing comes in as predicted.

Fuck, I may be down for putting some tracks on Lookout Mountain.

#683 ·
I am always a little disappointed when "the big one" arrives just in time for it all to get all tracked out within minutes by the hoards of weekend warriors.

I love a big pow day on a Monday. That way you get a few good days with minimal crowds.

But snow is always better than no snow.

#699 ·
Keystone has stuff open that never opened last season. :laugh: It's official, this season is better. I went into some trees that have been closed off. The snow was really heavy but there were fresh lines.

The windows are open. I am not sure if the top is, but I will hike it today. Some of my other favorite stuff just opened too. The windows never opened last season.

Still have not ventured down Tiger Run, since my last rocky run down there. :unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.