Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #117 (permalink)
ig88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
This is the exact problem I've been having recently. ......

...... as skills go, buttering has really improved my switch riding, and it's fun! I learned to butter properly this weekend and now riding switch is a lot easier because if things get too sketchy I can just swivel back into my regular direction. I'd recommend learning that if you haven't already. It also tastes good on toast!
How does buttering help your switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
why do i feel like everybody is staring at me while i was practicing my switch last week?
Because you are good looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey View Post
Hey, switch riding is probably one of the most important riding skills.. It leads into tricks and gets you out of "tight spots" when you really have no option other than to ride switch or bail out.

I posted a video on youtube a year or so ago of me riding with a gopro at Lake Louise on opening weekend. There was only a couple greens and blues open.. so it was a great opportunity to fool around and do some switch riding. Not really a good vid clip to learn from.. but if you do a youtube search for switch riding you will find some instructional videos that might help you.
You are very good and very fast too. I notice you overtook everyone down the slope.
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote