Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2013 Cartel's! Can't be Centered?!!

13K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  snowklinger 
#1 ·
I was reading DreamPow's post about his 2013 Cartels and it appears I have a similar issue with mine. I bought & mounted these on my 2010/11 Arbor Roundhouse 163W exactly as I did my Old 2010/11 Cartels. (I have 2010 10.5 32 ST Boa boots)

These New Cartels cannot be centered on my Arbor. When I mount them In the most toe forward position possible, I have about a 1/2 inch of overhang on my toe & as much as an inch- inch & half of heel overhang! The board is unridable like this!!!

Now I demo'd these bindings back in Dec. and I was told the ones I tried were large bindings! (...the Demo'd pair were that ugly blue/teal color, Mine are the asphalt!) I rode those Demo Cartels on a few Burton boards and I liked the bindings so much I asked if I could try them on my Arbor! I loved them on my board!!! They were Super comfortable & I didn't notice any ride or performance problems with them on my Arbor board.

So I don't know why the ones I just purchased are like this! Defective maybe????? I can't use them like this, and I don't believe that going to a Med size will solve the problem like it did for DreamPow! I've had Med bindings on this Wide Arbor before & didn't like the way they rode! (...Too small for a wide board like this!)

Any suggestions? Is this something that others are experiencing? Should I contact Burton or just return them to REI & try another pair?

Appreciate your time & help!

See less See more
#44 ·
To the posters who blamed this situation on REI a while back...I don't think that's entirely fair. I have no interest (other than my membership with them), but to say the lesson learned is to never the trust the guy at the board shop, when your "board shop" is REI...I think that's obviously a lesson poorly learned. REI is fine if you done your research beforehand, but they're a mass-market retailer and their sales people have to help in several different areas. You'd be crazy to take them as absolutes in experts in snowboarding, when tomorrow the dude might be selling kayaks. A good snowboard shop will have people that live, eat, breath and (sometimes) sleep snowboarding. I've bought great gloves there, got a fantastic Red helmet with speakers, some fine stuff...but I wouldn't trust their floor sales people for a decision as important as boots, bindings and boards. Just my humble opinion.

#48 ·
Chomps, go right ahead & disagree with me. It's the internets! If we all agreed on stuff it wouldn't be much fun. For me, as long as my heels & toes don't hit the snow on a carve, it doesn't matter if I'm in the middle hole or the back hole, but different strokes blah blah.

Hope the mediums work out for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.