Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Whislter - Is it unreal?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
SmartWentCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourismWhistler View Post
It's about 2 hours to drive from Vancouver to Whistler. It's a beautiful drive.
I made the mistake of sitting in the back on the right side of the car and all i saw was an hour and a half of the side of a carved out mountain zooming by (which will make you car sick really fast. haha) When i could see around my cousin to the left of me the view of the coast was pretty amazing though.

I went to blackcomb/whistler for 07 spring break. I thought that blackcomb was a better snowboarding experience between the two. The whole trail layout seemed more fun/unique. The bottom half was pretty slushy but the top half was perfect. And i think that shredding the easy runs with friends was the most fun ive had snowboarding. You can spend a whole afternoon zig-zagging down the whole width of the face of blackcomb on the easy trails. Its awesome just doing spins, presses, w/e on small stuff ppl have made/found on the sides of these trails. It's just a laid-back, good time

I would never want to live in vancouver if i worked in whistler. The one time i went there i wasnt even driving and i thought i was going to go insane. The highway just keeps winding back and forth for 2 hours.

Last edited by SmartWentCrazy; 11-15-2008 at 01:09 AM.