Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Cartel's! Can't be Centered?!!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #42 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
dude, everyone favours their heelside when learning. It's a natural reaction, it's not because of binding overhang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegreen View Post
That isn't necessarily true. I've favored my toe-side since day one when riding regular. It baffled my instructor to no end. On the other hand, I highly favor my heelside when riding switch, so there you go.
Treegreen thanks, I didn't want to publicly disagree with Supra again as I wasn't trying to disrespect or get into a pissing contest with anybody here,.. but I'm glad you posted that. I've run across several people who didn't seem to be able to "get it" going heel side. They just couldn't seem to stay off their ass, but when I mentioned to them to try things like side slipping, garlands, etc. toe side?? THAT they seemed to manage!

While "Heel Side" might be the more common comfort zone for most people when starting out,.. I firmly believe that we ALL have a "Go To" side & for some,.. that's Toe side!

...as for the bindings, the Med. Cartels should arrive today! It's going to get shitty warm around here for the weekend so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to try them on the Arbor this week! Have to wait & see how they work out on a wide board! (BTW, put my old L Cartels back on the Arbor & managed to hit a personal best speed record last weekend!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote