Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To split or not to split...?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Haha, you hit a nerve by mentioning the board length... this will be the hardest thing to decide, loops right back to my first "girl on Flagship 158 - good idea" thread In a perfect world I could try both sizes of the BG split (and in pow), but there will only be one size of the solid deck AND on groomers... and 300 guys in the line all wanting to try exactly this board. Uhm... not sure if I'll go to this testweekend since I heard that they won't have any splits, just the solid ones - not sure if it makes sense at all...
I have 3 main boards...a groomer board 155 fs camber twin (but looking to replace with a 154.5 gnu riders choice), the billy goat 159 split and a deep pow board 164 charlie slasher. So the thought for a split is to go 5-6 cm longer than your groomer/inbounds board. And for me in the PNW if its a really deep day I'll stay inbounds and ride the charlie slasher because the goods are easy to get and likely the avy danger would be too risky to go out of bounds anyway. And I plan on doing the split early season, corn season/after the ski area closes and maybe into early summer...thus I don't need anything more than 159 split lenght most of the time.