Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

has anyone got shoun white??

7K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  trevk#07 
#1 ·
it came out today when will they start sellin it and if they started sellin it today hows the play? /sorry havent been waching if im wrong that it came out

G
#4 ·
it looks mad **** dont get it get stoked.
ive heard the gameplay sucks too. if your looking for someting like skate this doesnt have those controls the right trigger is used to ollie
stoked will use the right thumbstick flicking system

#8 ·
So after playing the game for about two hours earlier today I can truly say this game does not live up to the hype (or maybe just my expectations from magazine screen shots/pre-release reviews). Game looks cool, but controls are below average for this age in games. Music selection is meh.... whatever I don't have much of a music taste anyways, lol. Game is worth a rental but not worth a purchase in my opinion. I will most likely play it until I've had enough then I'll trade it in towards another purchase, maybe Stoked, or maybe sooner to retain a little more of the trade in value. Oh well, what can you do right?

G
#9 · (Edited)
my brother just got the game a few hours ago. i tried it, and it was alright for gameplay but there's only four mountains. The music selection is pretty shitty, but i usually plug in my ipod whenever i play so it doesn't really matter. It is pretty good though, pretty realistic for 360. if youre getting it for Wii, i heard it has like **** psychotic cartoon graphics that are extremely lame. Im pretty much in love with shaun white, so i can't say i don't like the game. :)

G
#12 ·
i picked it up on sunday for PS3 played it for about six hours.
I don't like that you can only create one user profile.
all mountains are rideable at the start of the game so really no point to do any of the challenges as far as i know.
it is cool to finally have a snowboard game to play. I find i'm either going to fast or to slow most of the time.
I would suggest renting like somebody posted earlier before buying.

#15 ·
Some good points and bad points on Burton's.. er sorry Shaun White's snowboarding.

Controls are a bit weird to get used to but rather realistic. It's not easy for sure and there is NO forgiveness for popping off the jump at the wrong point. Even if you're only a little off. Grinding boxes and rails is a bit odd. I still havent been able to work that out.

I do LOVE how you get to ride a never ending half pipe while it loads a mountain. Great innovation. However the controls in the pipe make no god damn sense at all. The game also lacks a point. Aside from piling up cash to buy a better board, I'm not really driven to do it. The mountains are huge though. I can see it taking a while to get tired of them even if there are only 4.

The multiplayer trumps all however. Being able to just ride with friends or random folk makes this game a keeper.

G
#16 · (Edited)
DO NOT GET THIS GAME FOR PS2
it is a joke tony hawk 2/3 has more customization than this and there is a set trail to go on not a whole mountain. waste of $40. its like an arcade game. no getting off the board or anything no other things and generic snowboards the first board is called the ""Vannila"" er how ever you spell that f***** word
im just pissed cuz i blew $42 on this pointless game maybe its better on the next gen consoles but this verson sucks dick like black manness haha

#19 ·
This game is horrid. I would rather play amped or ssx any day. Hopefully Stoked is better. Sucks that its on 360 though because I need more games for my ps3.:laugh:
Oh god please help my PS3 needs games too :laugh:!!! At this point I'm just waiting to see what Stoked is about, I'll give it a shot just like Shaun White Snowboarding don't have anything to lose I guess... well maybe 60 bucks but its worth a shot.

G
#18 ·
i bought mine for the wii, pretty realistic turns with heal toe pressure on the balance board. besides that it sucks, graphics are decent, really cartoony, but every game on the wii is like that. not as cool as the trailers looked thats for sure.

G
#20 ·
The best way I can describe it is "decent." It's not as amazing as the hypsters made it out to be, it's not as horrid as some will make it out to be.

Control, in a lot of respects, is similar to Skate in concept, but in practice, not near as responsive. The design of the mountain is pretty good- always something to jump off of or jib. Decent variety, and the art direction is rooted in reality.

Graphically, it's geared more to the macro than the micro. Draw distances are amazing, but some of the textures look rugged up close. But considering that most of the gameplay is zoomed out, it's fine.

Biggest problem is the progression. Having all four mountains (five if you get the Target edition) is a blessing and a curse. It's cool to be able to do what you want, when you want, but there's little motivation to start knocking out challenges.

All and all, I'd say it's a great starting off point. It's worth a rent, for sure, and I'll give it an A for effort, but here's hoping that the sequel is better.

#21 ·
I got it the day it came out. Its ok but is a let down from what I expected. The online that i have played with hasn't been all that great either, but I expect it to be better when you actually play with someone you know. Also when you spectate if the other person has a shitty connection it gets real choppy. But I am loking forward to see what stoked is going to bring to the table. Hopefully some awesomeness since absinthe is making the damn thing.

G
#23 ·
I have it:

Pros:
Got the Target Limited which has an extra Mountain
Mountains are Huge
Good combination of natural and man-made features

Cons:
Not enough pipe terrain. I like the mad sessions you can put together in a pipe.
Some challenges require multi-player and you can't do the best challenges until you've medal'd in all of them
It's a little too challenging. Maybe I suck but I scratch my head at some of the scores you have to get to achieve 4 medals.
My board, bindings, and boots are not in the game ;)
Storyline is lame and unfun

The single player is a waste of time if you ask me. The multi-player is really where it's at but none of my snowboarding friends are big gamers and my gaming friends are not big snowboarders. Should've rented it first.

#24 ·
i was thinking that this was gonna be the tony hawk of snowboarding but from what i have heard, i am very disapointed...

however, it did get me to go check out STOKED, and that looks badass! has a SKATE look to it, but in the videos i was watching it looks like the camera can get screwy sometimes trying to get the best view of the trick but then you cant see where you are going...

#26 ·
Stoked I believe actually runs on the skate engine so is should be very similar to skate. And the challenges and points scale are a little more geared toward being able to do tricks with syle vs just throwin gas many spins or flips as possible. Then again doin 4 backflips is kinda fun.

#27 ·
I was pretty disapointed with shaun white although honestly i wastn expecting much after watching some of the earlier gameplay videos. It seems buggy and the physics just aren't smooth at all. They really needed to add some kind of auto transition type thing liek skate has so all the landings look nice and smooth. heres hoping stoked does a better job.

G
#30 · (Edited)
I will tell you one thing, they surely are spending a lavish amount of money in their marketing campaign. They just better hope they get their investment back :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last night I saw a over 5 minute tv commercial in comedy central :dunno:, it sorta looked like a snowboarding video rather than promoting a game :laugh:.

Note this is in Florida, no exactly snowboarding heaven, I am sure you guys are getting even more commercials up there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.