Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2014 Snowboards - New Boss Model, etc
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #36 (permalink)
littlcor

Default Camel Toe Info

I have a (2008) 161W Goliath, (2012) 164 Omni, and a 158 Camel Toe.

Performance:
80% of the time I ride it's powder days in Japan (Deep but not extremely steep). The Camel toe has performed amazing for me. I have found that it seems to have equal to if not more float than my Omni did in the pow, but the main advantage of it is that it's very maneuverable through trees. It seems to perform well on groomers and it has a decent side cut for carving in between my tree runs.

Durability:
I have taken two hard hits on my base (1 minorly exposed the core). Both of them were very easy to repair and turned out amazing. The tail has taken some hits on trees, and is beginning to chip at the topsheet, but it's expected.

My friend and I swapped boards (Jones Hovercraft 156), and they are remarkably similar boards. I didn't notice much difference in float at all. Another thing to consider... The Camel toe seems to have 0 TBT in it's tail.

I have noticed my Omni do the "nose fold" in some of my turns. It's really kind of weird but I am fairly certain it's due to poor riding and not board performance.

Short clip of the type of terrain I ride with my Camel Toe:
Rusutsu Feb 2013 - YouTube
littlcor is offline   Reply With Quote