Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canting and Binding Performance Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
lcstriker07

I'd love to hear the update as to whether this fixes your heel side problem man. I ride 390 boss's as well but never felt like I had any edge problems. Quite frankly I have more control in each foot after switching to these from 09' cartels(the most leaned forward binding I've ever seen). Had never thought of the effect moving the foot bed would have but it definitely makes sense. Looks like pressure was being put too far inside the edge of the board before.

As for the forward lean, dont be discouraged by the ammount of clicks bro. Took me three just to get the highback close to touching the back of my boot. I'd say it'd take five to get to what my cartels sit at with no "clicks". One of the things I love about switching to a true 0 degree lean though is the difference in feel you get under foot when transitioning between edges. I was so used to using mostly legs to get on my heels with the cartels. These took some getting used to but have pleasantly surprised me with a new style of riding. A skater feel is what i'd describe it as.