Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #103 (permalink)
jennifer

I'm Baaaaaaack. lol

Thank you all so much for the advice. A few things have happened since I updated you, so I figured I would check in on this thread.

I went to Sierra at Tahoe for my anniversary in Feb. Attempted the bunny hill there, and things were no better. I just sucked it up. Then I punched a guy in the mouth in the parking lot. He bled a lot, and he deserved it. Of course I then had to listen to my husband lecture me the whole way back to the condo about how I should not punch drunk assholes in parking lots and how I could be banned from the resort. Honestly.....punching the guy was the most fun I had all day.

Then today my husband convinced me to head up to the hill with him. It has been snowing this week and there was a foot of fresh powder he was wanting to go play in. So I went. There was a school trip and they had taken over the bunny hill. So we decided to just head up to my first ever actual run. I fell....a lot at first. Then suddenly something just clicked! I actually felt in control, I stopped myself at one point without falling down, I was linking turns. I don't know if it was just easier in fresh snow, or if I just needed to get the hell off the bunny hill...but whatever it was I am thankful. I finally felt like I might actually be able to do this.

Of course during the course of this wonderful day I had a nasty fall. My upper body stopped tumbling and the lower body and board did not. So my lower back feels like crap. But....we are going back on saturday. Hopefully today was the begining of great things and not just a fluke.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote