Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To split or not to split...?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
The interface systems are limited on angles, but what you have posted here should be possible with the Voile interface. Maybe not so much with Karakorum. This is your sport not his. If you want to play with the angles, by all means do it, but ride it how you like.

For the record I do ride duck. Pretty mellow stance. +-15. I don't do much switch, but the real advantage for me is being able to squat down very low with the duck stance. I ride very tight trees from time to time in Colorado and getting under low branches is just a reality. Forward angle stances block that.
You have a pretty strong influence... you made me change my angles for the first time in many many years, actually the first time below +15 at all (my guys winced as I adjusted the bindings).

Rode with +15/0 today and was comfortable with it. Spring has entered very fast, it was raining and only slush to ride in lower parts of the resort. Typical surf and straight line day. Anyhow I was pretty astonished, how little the (in my opinion drastic) change of angles affected my riding. Seems that they play a less important role than I thought. Will change to minus degrees tomorrow and try to ride switch haha, the guys will have a big fun day

Last edited by neni; 03-08-2013 at 02:53 PM.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote