Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Do you bring your iron/ wax.

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Wangta 
#1 ·
Im going to utah next week for 6 days of riding (thread posted in the intermountain us section), and as this year i got into waxing my board myself and actually keeping it waxed (every 1 day of riding here on the ice coast), and i was thinking about whether i should bring my iron/wax/scraper in my suitcase.

The only trouble is air canadas stupid rules, i have to pay extra for a suitcase that can only contain boots and bindings, and if so much as throw a pair of pajamas in their i have to pay another 50 bucks. I cant put two snowboards in one bag for no reason (which would be very efficient considering i have too remove the bindings).

Opinions?

#3 ·
Most hotels request no skis or boards in the rooms for the very reason that they don't want people waxing thier gear in the rooms and damaging the floors. They usually make you lock up gear in a storage room near the lobby. You might be able to sneak your gear into the room but I've heard of hotels charging you extra if they have to clean wax from the floors/carpets.

Just something to think about.

#5 ·
An hour ago I just checked 2 burton wheelie gig bags with 6 boards, bindings helmets, gloves, boots and other crap, even a cordless screwdriver. I do this all the time with air Canada, never had a problem. Once they asked if I had boots in the bag and I said yes.

#9 ·
Just got back today from 7 days in SLC / big/little cottonwoods. I brought my iron, wax, brushes, stones, even the jacks (we had a condo with a garage) and was going to do everyone's skis and edges at night.

Didn't even open my bag that had my maintenance gear in it, except to get out my chewing tobacco.

After riding all day, partying all night, over and over the last thing you'll want to do is maintain your board. And it's by far the last thing you'll need to do. I, just after doing a complete board tune, jacked all my edges up. No urge to even break out a black stone to clean it up even a little.

And I had the large heated garage with a place to mount my jacks (or vices).

Just leave it and forget it.

FYI- for 25 bucks at snowbird you can get an edge job and wax job if you so desire. I don't know what your edges would come out at.......lol.... but my board was hauling enough ass to not have to worry about the wax and Iv'e ridden with much worse edges this year.

We were doing mile long traverses on the back side of the bird just to drop hero snow, and I was passing everyone on the cat track.

The snow was heavy for Utah though......... but in any event take it from a guy who loves to wax and edge his board. Leave that shit at home and focus on riding, eating, and drinking! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.