Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Are white feet ok? Will numbness go away?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nmeden 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have not snowboarded alot, but thought I should buy a pair before my week away next week. Especially since the last ones fitted terribly with loose heels etc and so on. Terrible day.

Unfortunately, it is out of season, but I managed to find a pair of Burton Rulers online (yes online..). They seem to fit (toes touching when straight, not when flexing, 1.5 fingers distance when bare foot in shell only etc). When I try them on indoors they feel alright. However, after 40 minutes or so, I start to feel numb in the feet. And when removing the feet, feet are extremely white, except for very red marks on top of the ankle (arch), and on both sides of the forefeet. Exactly same marking on both feet. I know that I have hight feet and broad feet, so it makes sense. This happens also when barely tightening the boots.

I am using the custom soles (Sidas) that I made for my Ski boots.

I am yet to ride with my boots. Should I go for it, in hope it gets better, or should I rent a pair at the resort?

I'm sending a painted picture of a foot illustrating the marks. It is NOT my foot, but just to give the idea.
bayimg - image: illustration.png - free uncensored image hosting

Thanks!!

Ps. I know people is always advocating going to a store for advice. However, I have been to a few stores, and it is painingly obvious that I know more about boot fitting from leading a few hours online reading, than they do. This despite living in a decent sized town (Gothenburg, 2nd largest Sweden). And they are mostly out of boots my size anyway.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's typical for your feet to go numb when you're sitting around the house with your boots on. I woulnd't look too much into it. I've been going through the same thing. When you're on the hill you'll be moving more so the circulation to your feet will remain higher, and as the boots break it'll relieve a lot of the pressure. It sounds like your boots fit well.

#4 ·
Sounds like you will be fine. Also, since you have those custom insoles that aren't made for that boot it is possible that they are a bit too think and push your feet into the top of the boot hence the identical marks on the tops of both feet.

If the pain isn't bearable then maybe take those out and try with what came with it to see if it feels better.

#7 ·
Yep, you were right.

For other people with similar issues: The first day, pain were coming out of my a**e. On day four they were very good as far as riding goes, and that's obviously most important. Doing lifts and sitting still were still not optimal.

Oh, and had to take out the molded soles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.